Monday, October 19, 2009

The little boy next door

He had his fist clutched tightly on his report card and was fighting back his tears.

"They say if I don't do well in school, I will be a useless person in the future," he muttered. "And I do not want to be a useless person."

I feel for him because my grades were never fatanstic when I was schooling. I feel for him because I also questioned myself when I was his age.

But the day will come where he will understand that a person's achievements will not rely on just his report card alone. And one day, he will realize that this little worry he is facing today, will be nothing compared to the problems he will face in the future.

"So is it true?"he asked.

"What is?"

"About being a useless person if I don't do well in school."

"Nope, you will grow up to be just fine," was my reply.

Just as I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home