Sunday, July 19, 2009

Process

I realized that out of the many beautiful movies I have watched, I can't seem to remember their endings. Especially those beautiful love movies which I really liked, which are also not that many to begin with.

There was one particular movie which I caught on a plane some years back. The title was Before Sunset and I really enjoyed it but just couldn't recall how it ended.

Did he and she get together eventually? Did the movie have a happy ending?

I managed to get a copy of it from the shops and watched it all over again. And of course I didn't spoil the fun by forwarding to the ending of the movie. And then I found out that this movie didn't really have an ending.

There was no indication whether they got together. There was no indication whether Jesse did missed his flight and stayed back in Paris or not. But it didn't matter at all. So what if everything is going to end after the sun sets?

Because it's the process that matters, not the ending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home