Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Death of Mr Lappy

Yes. My lap top died yet again yesterday morning and I just sent him in today. That is the worst thing that could happen during the duration of the FYP. I lost quite a number of data and I was supposed to meet my supervisor this Thursday to show him my FYP progress.

On the bright side, my supervisor is understanding enough to postpone our meeting to maybe a week later. He even said that I could get a deadline extension if I am able to provide valid proof that I am unable to do my FYP during this period of time. Now the only tool I could rely on is the school computer.

This year’s CNY was great. I made a tiny sum playing black jack and mahjong. Haha, my luck has finally come and may it continue. The only regret was I sort of missed my other home in Malaysia as this is the first time I never go back there during the new year.

I watched quite a couple of movies during the weekend and as usual I will do a mini review below.

Seoul Riders
Not really worth the money. May as well wait for its VCD to launch. Only Tony Leung is supporting the whole movie with the remaining of the cast being relegated to just vases. Argg..I really hate Shu Qi. Cannot tahan her voice. This is a sequel to Tokyo riders featured some 3 years ago.

Tony Leung regained his role as a famous detective and his mission this time is to retrieve a plate which can duplicate fake notes and is a threat to yes you guess it, America. I also don’t understand why everything that threatens sure is linked to USA. Whatever.

6/10


I do I do
The black horse among the movies that came out during the period of CNY. This new Jack Neo production was a pleasant surprise. When the movie came out, almost everyone I knew will say this movie surely sucks. Jack Neo doing a love story?

This movie maintains the same standard that Jack Neo has been maintaining throughout this year. Adrain peng is his main role this time round and to be honest, he was good and convincing with Sharon Au playing his love interest. As usual Jack Neo pokes fun at some of the Government policies like all his former movies.

Jack Neo has done it again. Yet another brilliant comedy which will keep you on your seats.

7.5/10

Constantine
Another comic-turned movie. Keanu Reeves plays an exorcist here matrix-style. That’s all I will say. This is a fantastic movie that should not be missed. Action pack with some black humor. Wonderful.

8.5/10






Another lonely lonely valentine, spent with the corpse of my lap top…

1 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger Zen|th said...

Well, your supervisor must be really understanding because he's a slacker like the both of us. So he understands also. Haha.

Dang. I want to watch Constantine even more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home